Compliance Operations Investigator, NoviNovi Financial | Dublin, Ireland
About NoviFor many people around the world, basic financial services are still out of reach: about 1.7 billion adults globally remain unbanked. The cost of that exclusion is significant — $25 billion is lost by migrants every year through remittance fees. This is the challenge we’re hoping to address with Novi, whose goal is to provide people everywhere access to safe and affordable financial services through the Diem payment system, which is built on blockchain technology. Our first product will be a digital wallet - Novi - for the Diem network, and it will be available in Messenger, WhatsApp, and as a standalone app. At Novi, you will be working with a talented and dedicated group of people who are passionate about changing the world. Our leadership is experienced and some of the best minds working today in their respective fields.
We’re still early in the process of developing Novi, and are looking for talented, passionate team players, mission focused professionals to join our team. At Novi, we are looking for you to join a team who can build a future together that empowers billions of people around the world and who are advocates for our Novi customers globally.
- You are an SME (Subject Matter Expert) in Compliance Operations, who will review and decision cases of: Filing SARs (Suspicious Activity Reports) , EDD (Enhanced Due Diligence), & Review of PEP’s (Politically Exposed Persons) sanctions and governance while working with external regulators.
- You are fastidious in conducting deep dive investigations of potential Anti-Money Laundering activity and/or suspicious financial activity across multiple geographies.
- Protect the integrity of the Novi Wallet by providing the highest standards of regulatory compliance.
- You are comfortable with your decisioning on appeals and escalations, based on your SME knowledge and judgement.
- Be an advocate for workflow improvements by working cross functionally to ensure that any feedback/improvements in process are shared with stakeholders.
- Collaboration cross functionally is key and you will act as the link between our operations and stakeholders to identify and action opportunities that will improve both the customer experience and compliance models.
- Be the voice of the customer, where something has gone wrong with the customer experience your priority will be to make the customer whole again and putting solutions in place to prevent this from impacting other customers in the future.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
- 3+ years experience in compliance operations, as SME in sanctions, EDD, KYC, governance.
- Experience in analyzing large amounts of data in order to report critical information.
- Experience working cross functionally with stakeholders in a global fast-paced environment.
- Experience in the payments /Fin-tech industry.
- Experience with SQL.
- Industry certification a plus (CAMS etc.).
- Fluency in a second language is preferred.