Data Engineering Manager, Facebook Financial (F2)Data & Analytics | Tel Aviv, Israel
About NoviDo you want to use data to help drive the direction of products that impact the lives of people every day? If yes, we want to talk to you.
F2 (Facebook Financial) is a product group at Facebook focused on building products to ensure that everyone, everywhere has access to the world’s financial system to accelerate financial inclusion and economic empowerment. We're looking for a leader in our Data Engineering team to work closely with Product Managers, Data Scientists and Software Engineers to support the risk management domain and roadmaps by building the data architecture that informs and drives insight. In this role, you'll see a direct link between your work, company growth, and user satisfaction. You'll work with some of the brightest minds in the industry in a data driven culture, use cutting edge technology, and see your efforts affect products and people on a regular basis.
The perfect candidate will have strong data infrastructure and data architecture skills, a proven track record of leading and scaling data teams, strong operational skills to drive efficiency and speed, strong project management leadership, and a strong vision for how business intelligence can proactively improve companies.
- Lead a high quality team of data engineers that work with you to transform the vision into reality. Support the growth and development of team members.
- Proactively drive the vision for data engineering within the F2 risk pillar, and define and execute on a plan to achieve that vision.
- Proactively mentor and grow the team, identify the required skills, hire the best talent, actively manage their performance and help them to grow.
- Define the processes needed to achieve operational excellence in all areas, including project management and system reliability.
- Build cross-functional relationships with Data Scientists, Product Managers, Software Engineers, and leaders in F2 to understand data needs and deliver on those needs.
- Proactively drive the vision for BI and Data Warehousing across a product vertical, and define and execute on a plan to achieve that vision.
- Manage data warehouse plans across multiple domains. Drive the design, building, and launching of new data models and data pipelines in production. Manage development of data resources and support new product launches. Drive data quality.
- Manage the delivery of high impact dashboards and data visualizations.
- 6+ years of experience in Data Engineering, BI, or Data Warehousing.
- Experience scaling and managing 5+ person teams.
- Communication and leadership experience and experience initiating and driving projects.
- Project management experience.
- Data architecture experience.
- Experience in SQL or similar languages and development experience in at least one scripting language (Python, Perl, etc.).
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Math, Physics, or other technical fields.
- Experience working in the fraud or compliance domain within financial services companies
- Experience with Hive or Presto, data visualization tools, and/or relational database management systems.
- Experience with data sets, Hive, and data visualization tools.
- Advanced degree