Blockchain and Cryptography Research ManagerResearch | Menlo Park, CA - Remote, Contiguous US
About NoviBlockchain and cryptoeconomics research at Facebook sits within Novi, a regulated financial company building for the Diem payment system. This research group supports the development of Novi products and pushes the state-of-the-art in blockchain and crypto economic systems. The Novi Research team comprises research scientists, economists, and software engineers working across several interdisciplinary fields, including cryptography, programming languages, distributed systems, program verification, game theory, security, privacy, financial inclusion, economic development, macroeconomics, and market design.
- Be both a highly technical researcher and an effective people manager.
- Communicate cross-functionally and drive applied research efforts.
- Hold your own in technical discussion, be a subject matter expert, and have strategic influence.
- 5+ years of research or applied research experience, including technical management.
- Experience in recruiting and managing technical teams, including performance management.
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or related quantitative field.
- 5+ years of experience working on machine learning and/or research projects.