Product Management DirectorProduct Management | Los Angeles, CA - Menlo Park, CA - Seattle, WA - New York, NY
About NoviThe Director of Product for Checkout and Merchant Services plays a key role in scaling our global payments capabilities at Facebook. This leader sits at the intersection of buyers and sellers across the Facebook Family of Apps. They are responsible for our unified checkout platform and user experience, merchant onboarding and identity, and the Facebook Payments Gateway.
The ideal candidate for this role is a servant leader that has led high-performance product organizations at scale. This leader is deeply experienced in global payments and commerce, understanding the importance of creating frictionless experiences that are thoughtfully adapted to each local market. Further, this leader understands the importance of working closely with partners such as payment providers and card networks to create a globally scalable platform. The ideal leader has deep understanding and empathy for managing a small business -- whether it be bookkeeping, payroll, or inventory management.
This leader is no stranger to making difficult tradeoff decisions and balancing a portfolio of global products. Key responsibilities also include driving alignment across the organization with other leaders and the executive team. This leader will work closely with partner organizations inside Facebook, such as the Instagram, Messenger, and Facebook App teams. Experience managing stakeholders across a global organization while building or expanding infrastructure is a plus.
This candidate will have an inherently global perspective for payments, understanding that the policy and infrastructure realities vary meaningfully by geography. Deep experience with global regulatory engagement is a valued characteristic. Finally, a strong candidate is a thought leader in privacy and user choice in social and commerce experiences.
- Establish shared vision across the company by building consensus on priorities leading to product execution.
- Drive product development with a team of world-class engineers and designers
- Integrate usability studies, research and market analysis into product requirements to enhance user satisfaction.
- Bring a user-centered approach to iterating and enhancing current experiences to make paying others more seamless, especially in messaging experiences.
- Drive a global payments infrastructure that optimizes speed of global rollout and depth of local payments features.
- Build and influence a payments culture that strives to maximize security, privacy, and user convenience.
- Evolve our merchant payment experience, ensuring that onboarding, receiving funds, and enjoying financial services are all as seamless as can be.
- Create a compelling vision for future zero-to-one initiatives that delight our users, making it easier for them to connect financially with others.
- 8+ years of experience in managing product organizations at scale
- 8+ years of technical architecture of web applications and/or media products
- 8+ years experience designing user interfaces
- 8+ years experience creating examples through wire frames and mock ups
- 8+ years of experience taking a web product idea from concept through launch
- 8+ years experience in product management or product design
- BA/BS Degree