Manager, Application Security, F2 (Facebook Financial)Novi Financial | Menlo Park, CA
About NoviF2 (Facebook Financial) is a product group at Facebook focused on building products to ensure that everyone, everywhere has access to the world’s financial system to accelerate financial inclusion and economic empowerment.
F2’s Security team drives security initiatives that protect the security and privacy of F2. Our security engineers reveal potential weaknesses and craft creative solutions to eliminate those weaknesses, and are relied upon to provide engineering and product teams with the security expertise necessary to make confident product decisions.
The ideal candidate has strong leadership skills, a background in
product/application security, and a passion for managing outstanding engineers in a fast-paced environment. You’ll help build a robust product security program while leading a team of engineers extending security expertise at scale to cross-functional partners through assessments, automation, process and frameworks.
- Support a team of highly capable engineers that help product and infrastructure strive for keeping their code free from security bugs
- Build the team through personal growth and recruitment
- Develop a roadmap for future work, track progress against it, and evaluate the team’s performance
- Partner with engineering leaders across the company to help them prioritize security issues in their products and balance business goals
- Lead effectively through outcomes instead of tasks
- 8+ years of work experience in technical security roles such as software/security engineering, including 3+ years of proven hands-on technical management experience
- Experience recruiting and managing technical teams, including performance management
- Technical experience across application security programs and platforms – security assessments, bug bounty, static analysis, web applications, mobile, infrastructure, etc.
- Experience building relationships with stakeholders and business leaders
- Coding experience in at least one language (even if it is not one that Facebook uses)
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Experience building a scalable application security program at the engineering level
- Experience supporting a geographically dispersed team