Associate General Counsel, Privacy (Facebook Financial)Legal, Finance, Facilities & Admin | Los Angeles, CA - Austin, TX - Menlo Park, CA - Seattle, WA - Washington, DC - New York, NY - San Francisco, CA - Chicago, IL
About NoviFacebook is seeking a talented, self-motivated and experienced attorney to work on Facebook’s legal privacy team and advise the company on a range of privacy, data protection and security-related legal initiatives for its new digital wallet, Novi.
This team member will provide privacy related legal advice to a cross-functional team of professionals working on payments related products and initiatives across platforms, including Novi, Facebook, WhatsApp and Instagram. This position requires business acumen, strong collaborative skills and substantive knowledge of privacy laws relevant to financial institutions and digital wallets (e.g., GLBA). This role also requires flexibility and comfort with working on numerous projects simultaneously, with varied stakeholders.
You will be working on industry leading and cutting edge projects, ensuring commitment to privacy and managing our compliance with applicable laws and regulations. The ideal candidate is excited by taking on and leading complex privacy projects, thrives in a fast-paced environment and can seamlessly drive success working with multiple cross-functional stakeholders to accomplish bold things.
- Primary privacy legal counsel responsible for Novi
- Develop and maintain subject matter expertise in areas of data use and protection laws (including GLBA, state and federal consumer protection and privacy laws, GDPR and other global privacy laws) and advise on the impact of the same on Novi
- Work closely with product counsel and product teams to guide privacy-forward product development and evaluate the impact of privacy laws, regulatory guidance and enforcement actions
- Drive high-profile and high-impact projects involving privacy analysis and compliance with cross-functional stakeholders across Facebook's business, policy, legal, communications, security, and other departments
- Help draft and oversee the development and management of Novi’s terms and data policies
- J.D. degree (or foreign equivalent) and membership in at least one US state bar
- 8+ years of legal experience, including at a law firm and/or in-house experience
- Experience advising on privacy legal risks and mitigations
- Business judgement and experience with counseling financial institutions (e.g., payment processors, banks, securities firms, insurers, etc.) on privacy laws, regulations, and industry guidelines
- In-house experience with applicable litigation, regulatory, or product counseling, particularly at a technology company and/or financial institution
- Working knowledge of relevant privacy laws including CCPA and GLBA
- Knowledge of new innovations in financial technology and cryptocurrencies
- Experience advancing projects in a multi-stakeholder environment