Lead Counsel, Facebook FinancialLegal, Finance, Facilities & Admin | Menlo Park, CA - New York, NY
About NoviFacebook Financial is seeking a talented and adaptable Lead Counsel to support its growing efforts to expand payment products across the Facebook Family of Companies, including Novi, WhatsApp, Instagram, and Messenger. You will be advising the product and other cross-functional partners on cryptocurrency and payments-related initiatives and should be knowledgeable about product, privacy, and regulatory frameworks relevant to payments and financial services systems. You will also work with Facebook Financial’s international and policy teams and will advise on relevant global issues in consultation with local counsel.
- Counsel product and broad cross-functional teams on a wide range of legal issues (payments, cryptocurrency, money transmission, financial services, consumer protection, privacy and other relevant laws) regarding existing and planned products.
- Partner with local outside counsel to secure and provide advice regarding the launch of payments products and features across various geographies.
- Identify and advise risks arising from payments and privacy regulatory regimes and provide practical solutions to address risk identified and business needs.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts within the legal team to ensure comprehensive and consistent legal risk mitigation strategies.
- J.D. degree (or foreign equivalent) and membership in at least one U.S. state bar.
- 5+ years experience advising financial technology companies as in-house or outside counsel on payments, cryptocurrency, and privacy matters.
- Experience advising business teams on issues involving payment products.
- Facebook Legal consulting experience in a payments product-capacity.
- Experience working independently and cross-functionally within a global financial technology environment.
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment and navigating a large organization.
- Experience building relationships and experience working collaboratively as part of a team.