Director, Data Engineering (Facebook Financial)Data & Analytics | Menlo Park, CA - Seattle, WA - New York, NY - Remote, US
About NoviFacebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Building on this core mission, F2 (Facebook Financial) is a product group focused on building products to ensure that everyone, everywhere has access to the world’s financial system to accelerate financial inclusion and economic empowerment. F2 builds & supports all things payments and financial services experiences at Facebook, including Novi, Facebook Pay, payments on WhatsApp, and advertiser billing, among other products.
We are looking for a leader in our Data Engineering team to work closely with Product Managers, Data Scientists and Software Engineers to help shape the future of what we build using data. In this role, you’ll see a direct link between your work, company growth, and user satisfaction. You’ll work with some of the brightest minds in the industry, work with one of the richest data sets in the world, use cutting edge technology, and see your efforts affect products and people on a regular basis.
The ideal candidate will have strong data infrastructure and data architecture skills as well as experience in areas such as Payments, Fintech, data driven growth of digital wallet. Candidates should also have a proven track record of leading and scaling data teams, strong operational skills to drive efficiency and speed, strong project management leadership, and a strong vision for how data can proactively improve companies.
- Proactively drive the vision for data foundation and analytics to accelerate building and improvement of the data platform for F2, and define and execute on a plan to achieve that vision.
- Define the processes needed to achieve operational excellence in all areas, including project management and system reliability.
- Build a high-quality data engineering team and design the team to scale.
- Build cross-functional relationships with Data Scientists, Product Managers and Software Engineers to understand data needs and deliver on those needs.
- Drive the design, building, and launching of new data models and data pipelines in production.
- Drive data quality across the product vertical and related business areas.
- Manage the delivery of high impact dashboards and data visualizations.
- Define and manage SLA’s for all data sets and processes running in production.
- Contribute to improving data engineering competency across Facebook.
- 12+ years of experience in BI and Data Warehousing.
- Experience scaling and managing 20+ person teams.
- Communication and leadership experience, with experience initiating and driving projects.
- Project management experience.
- Data architecture experience.
- Experience in SQL or similar languages.
- Development experience in at least one object-oriented language (Python, Java, etc.).
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Math, Physics, or other technical fields.
- Experience in one or more of the following - Payments/Fintech, data driven performance and reliability improvement across platform and/or products, data foundation for financial services and/or advanced machine learning problems, data/analytics for digital wallets and/or blockchain.
- Experience with automating data auditing through comprehensive lineage tools.
- Experience with large volume data sets, Hive/Presto, and data visualization tools.