Novi Accounting Manager, OperationsLegal, Finance, Facilities & Admin | Menlo Park, CA - New York, NY
About NoviFor many people around the world, basic financial services are still out of reach: about 1.7 billion adults globally remain unbanked. The cost of that exclusion is significant — $25 billion is lost by migrants every year through remittance fees. This is the challenge we’re hoping to address with Novi, a Facebook subsidiary whose goal is to provide people everywhere access to safe and affordable financial services through Libra, a new global payment system powered by blockchain technology. Our first product will be a digital wallet - Novi - for Libra, and it will be available in Messenger, WhatsApp, and as a standalone app.
At Novi, you will be working with a talented and dedicated group of people who are passionate about changing the world. Our leadership is experienced and some of the best minds working today in their respective fields.
The Novi Accounting Operations team is building out its infrastructure and operations to account for and report Novi’s digital wallet transactions. Novi Accounting Operations partners closely with various internal stakeholders including the company’s product and engineering teams. We are seeking an experienced accounting professional who has worked on cross-functional projects with a focus on building and operationalizing accounting systems and processes and has experience with accounting and reconciling large volume transactions. The candidate will need to be independent and self-motivated with a strong desire to understand how things work, organized with attention to detail, and flexible in this rapidly growing environment.
- Prepare journal entries and reconcile wallet activity for Novi coin inventory transactions, incentive payouts, partner payments, and other non-wallet transactions
- Work closely with cross functional teams including Engineering to understand upstream data flows and to be able to perform data analytics to explain accounting results
- Review partner contracts to ensure consistency with system and accounting results
- Support expansion for new digital asset product launches by defining and communicating accounting requirements and framework of our infrastructure, processes, policies, and timelines to cross-functional teams and by performing key testing for successful integration and product launches
- Document processes and policies while partnering with Internal Audit to identify risks and define mitigating procedures
- Work closely with Enterprise Products to continuously automate accounting infrastructure and build for scalability to support timely and accurate financial reporting
- Provide support for external financial statement and regulatory compliance audits
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Information Systems or related field
- 6+ years of accounting experience with time spent at a public company
- Month-end close and other accounting operations experience
- Experience with cross-functional accounting automation projects
- Financial services industry experience such as fintech and payments