Compliance Program Manager, NoviNovi Financial | Menlo Park, CA - New York, NY
About NoviFor many people around the world, basic financial services are still out of reach: about 1.7 billion adults globally remain unbanked. The cost of that exclusion is significant — $25 billion is lost by migrants every year through remittance fees. This is the challenge we’re hoping to address with Novi, a Facebook subsidiary whose goal is to provide people everywhere access to safe and affordable financial services through Diem, a new global payment system powered by blockchain technology. Our first product will be a digital wallet - Novi - for Diem, and it will be available in Messenger, WhatsApp, and as a standalone app.
At Novi, you will be working with a talented and dedicated group of people who are passionate about changing the world. Our leadership is experienced and some of the best minds working today in their respective fields.
Our team is looking for a team member to help scale and manage our Compliance Management System (CSM). You will support the development of program strategy, design of the execution roadmap and governance structures to ensure that the program can scale in line with our business. You will ensure organization and discipline within our projects, and escalate any roadblocks timely for prompt resolution. You will be responsible for scaling and managing a highly effective program that demonstrates compliance with all applicable laws and regulations. You will work closely with our Global Compliance team to support the operationalization of the program including input to policy development, supporting process optimizations, project management of critical issues and initiatives, and program localization initiatives as needed.
- Support the development of strategy and execution of the roadmap for the Compliance Program
- Manage multiple interdependent projects of high complexity and broad scope
- Partner with cross-functional stakeholders to develop effective processes, policies, controls, and metrics that ensure effective compliance
- Establish the Compliance Program’s governance structures and processes, including maintaining relevant policies and procedures, developing documentation solutions, and liaising with auditors
- Provide compliance subject matter support and guidance to the business and other stakeholders
- Influence and assist business/process owners to close gaps in their controls and adopt processes that will help grow the business in a compliant manner
- Contribute to the continuous evolution of the end-to-end Compliance Program, including the framework, all policies and procedures, risk assessments, issue management, and training
- Based on data and insights, develop and drive tactics to improve the Compliance Program and explore new strategic opportunities to inform the future roadmap
- Coordinate the interactions between Novi and regulators/examiners to ensure successful completion of Compliance audits or examinations
- Ensure proper governance of the Compliance Program through regular reporting to the governance bodies, including the Enterprise Risk Committee and the Board
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience in Compliance
- 10+ years of experience in consulting or equivalent program management environment with a specific focus on financial services, fintech or virtual currency
- Project management/change management experience
- Experience in designing and scaling global compliance programs, creating business requirements from first principles, developing governance structures, optimizing operational processes
- Experience in working efficiently and independently in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment, with understanding of when to escalate urgent issues
- Experience in identifying and defining problems, building project plans to address them, and managing the implementation of their solutions
- Knowledge of risk management within the Financial Services industry
- Experience implementing and managing compliance programs for global financial services or fintech company