Data Scientist, Fraud - NoviData & Analytics | Tel Aviv, Israel
About NoviFor many people around the world, basic financial services are still out of reach: about 1.7 billion adults globally remain unbanked. The cost of that exclusion is significant — $25 billion is lost by migrants every year through remittance fees. This is the challenge we’re hoping to address with Novi, whose goal is to provide people everywhere access to safe and affordable financial services through the Diem payment system, which is built on blockchain technology. Our first product will be a digital wallet - Novi - for the Diem network, and it will be available in Messenger, WhatsApp, and as a standalone app.
We’re looking for Data Scientists to join our fraud prevention team and play an active role in protecting our 2B users across the globe. We prevent fraud by using advanced detection tools that scan billions of data points to identify signs of activities that violate our policies. Our Fraud Data Scientists analyze data to generate insights about fraud patterns and develop detection capabilities and decision policies to prevent them. They also build the high-level view of the ecosystem to determine where we should focus and what are the new detection / ML capabilities we should develop.
You will enjoy working with one of the richest data sets in the world, cutting-edge technology, and the ability to see your insights turned into real products on a regular basis. You will make a real and meaningful impact on the world. The perfect candidate will have a background in a quantitative or technical field, will have experience working with large data sets, and will have some experience in data-driven decision making related to fraud prevention. This position is located in our Tel Aviv office.
- Own your domain end to end. Determine the types of fraud to be managed and utilize Facebook's rich data sets to build real time detection and decisioning capabilities.
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and understand fraud and how to prevent it.
- Define and monitor key metrics. Understand changes in key metrics and identify new levers to help move them.
- Partner with Product and Engineering teams to build experiences that will support fraud prevention efforts
- Communicate the state of business, experiment results and recommendations to a cross-functional team and leadership
- 3+ years of experience doing a quantitative analysis for fraud prevention purposes
- BA/ BSc. in Computer Science, Math, Physics, Engineering, Statistics, Economics, Accounting or another technical field.
- Experience in SQL or other programming languages.
- Understanding of statistics (e.g. hypothesis testing, regressions).
- Ability to communicate the results of analyses.
- Development experience in any scripting language (PHP, Python, Perl, etc.)