Creative Director, Marketing - F2Design & User Experience | Menlo Park, CA - Remote, US
About NoviIn June 2019, the Diem Association announced plans for Diem – a new global cryptocurrency that runs on the Diem network. Diem's mission is to create a simple global financial infrastructure that empowers billions of people around the world. It's powered by blockchain technology and the plan is to launch it in 2021.
Novi is a newly formed Facebook subsidiary whose goal is to provide financial services that will enable people to access and participate in the Diem network. Our first product will be a digital wallet for Diem, a new global currency powered by blockchain technology, and it will be available in 2020 as a standalone app. Our vision is to reinvent money and transform the global economy so people everywhere can live better lives. Novi will let you send Diem to almost anyone with a smartphone, as easily and instantly as you might send a text message or photo, and at low to no cost. And, in time, we plan to offer additional services for people and businesses, such as paying bills with the push of a button, buying a cup of coffee with the scan of a code, or riding your local public transit without needing to carry cash or a metro pass.
We’re still early in the process of developing Novi, and are looking for talented, passionate, mission-driven people to join our team so we can build a future together that empowers billions of people around the world.
We are currently seeking a seasoned creative leader to help build the Facebook Financial brands of Novi and Facebook Pay through marketing that express their unique roles in the world. This person will partner with Facebook Financial Brand, Product Design, Creative X and external agencies to build holistic, consistent brand systems at scale, across marketing touch points. This person must have a strong background in brand architecture, craft and design thinking, with a proven track record of leading integrated efforts. The ability to thrive and create a vision for work in a fast-paced, iterative, unstructured environment is critical. This person must be comfortable guiding teams, agencies and/or production partners, but should be willing to roll up their sleeves to do the work when necessary.
- Oversee the design direction of consumer facing brands
- A strong strategic acumen for building timeless brands through brand architecture
- Create brand systems, behaviors and design solutions with a high level of craft
- Develop original breakthrough design thinking for a variety of marketing touch-points
- Manage development of executions that strongly resonate with a range of audiences while maintaining consistency for the brand
- Work cross-functionally, balancing the needs of stakeholders and breaking down complex narratives into simple, compelling ideas
- Inspire, create and sustain a culture of excellence as a beloved leader of designers, illustrators, copywriters, animators and partnering with producers, program managers, and product marketing managers
- Collaborate with creatives, researchers, product managers, product marketers and engineers to serve a global audience
- Help lead and manage both in-house and external teams in creative strategy, execution and production
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent design experience
- 10+ years experience as a creative leader
- Experience developing and managing brand programs in an integrated marketing environment, particularly website development and evolution
- Experience working with data & insights
- Experience overseeing design teams and/or agencies
- Experience leading the creative vision and execution of digital properties
- Experience across the full palette of design expression: traditional, digital (including products), experiential, and ideas that drive earned media
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional partners
- A link to an online portfolio showcasing your work (include link on your resume)
- Experience collaborating with or working on a product team
- Experience leading with creative vision, purpose and innovation