Partnerships Compliance Program Manager, NoviNovi Financial | Menlo Park, CA - New York, NY - Remote, US
About NoviIn June 2019, the Diem Association announced plans for Diem – a new global cryptocurrency that runs on the Diem network. Diem's mission is to create a simple global financial infrastructure that empowers billions of people around the world. It's powered by blockchain technology and the plan is to launch it in 2021.
Novi is a newly formed Facebook subsidiary whose goal is to provide financial services that will enable people to access and participate in the Diem network. Our first product will be a digital wallet for Diem, a new global currency powered by blockchain technology, and it will be available in 2021 as a standalone app. Our vision is to reinvent money and transform the global economy so people everywhere can live better lives. Novi will let you send Diem to almost anyone with a smartphone, as easily and instantly as you might send a text message or photo, and at low to no cost. And, in time, we plan to offer additional services for people and businesses, such as paying bills with the push of a button, buying a cup of coffee with the scan of a code, or riding your local public transit without needing to carry cash or a metro pass.
We’re still early in the process of developing Novi, and are looking for talented, passionate, mission-driven people to join our team so we can build a future together that empowers billions of people around the world.
Our team is looking for a Program Manager to help scale and manage our Partnership Compliance Program. You will directly support a portfolio of banking, payment service and compliance partners to ensure that the requisite due diligence is completed, risk assessments undertaken and relevant relationships maintained. You will be a substantive subject matter owner of the holistic compliance program and ensure organization and discipline within our projects. You will work closely with our Global Compliance team to support the operationalization of the program, including input to policy development, supporting process optimizations, project management of critical issues and initiatives, and program localization initiatives as needed.
- Support the development of the partnership compliance program strategy, execution of the program roadmap and consolidate partner compliance requirements into a standardized program
- Manage a portfolio of banking, payments service providers and compliance partners
- Complete due diligence, risk assessments and maintain ongoing compliance for the portfolio
- Develop relationships and maintain engagement with key partners, including participation in routine risk and compliance meetings
- Manage partner compliance escalations and reporting
- Evaluate partnership requirements and advise on new partner contracts regarding compliance requirements
- Coordinate with a broad group of stakeholders to complete all inbound due diligence and requests for information
- Develop all relevant program documentation, policies, controls and processes
- Manage multiple interdependent projects of high complexity and broad scope
- Provide compliance subject matter support and guidance to the business and other stakeholders
- Influence and assist business/process owners to close gaps in their controls and adopt processes that will help grow the business in a compliant manner
- Remain up-to-date on regulatory changes and landscape, best practices and developments in the applicable industries
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience in Compliance
- 6+ years of experience in consulting or equivalent program management environment with a specific focus on financial services, fintech or virtual currency
- Experience working efficiently and independently in an ambiguous, fast-paced environment, with understanding of when to escalate urgent issues
- Experience identifying and defining problems, building project plans to address them, and manage the implementation of their solutions
- Communication skills with experience influencing, building consensus, driving change as well as communicating and/or presenting effectively with different levels or leadership
- Experience and knowledge of payment network rules (e.g. Visa, MasterCard), merchant acquiring, brand risk management, or vendor risk management
- Experience in the blockchain and financial services environments