Engineering Director, Novi Payment InfrastructureSoftware Engineering | Menlo Park, CA - Remote, Contiguous US
About NoviNovi is a Facebook subsidiary whose goal is to provide financial services on top of Diem, a new global currency powered by blockchain technology based infrastructure. The first product Novi will introduce is a digital wallet, which will be available in Messenger, WhatsApp and as a standalone app. The first version of Diem wallet will support peer-to-peer payments and ways to use the coin with merchants and other use cases. Our vision is that over time there will be many other use-cases for Diem including in-store payments, integrations into Point-of-Sale systems, and more.
We are looking for a leader to lead the financial service infra team that supports both Diem as an open source project, and Novi product by providing needed infrastructure services as building blocks. Specifically, the team is responsible for Diem blockchain infrastructure, payment ledger, custody & security infrastructure, treasury platform & service. As Facebook continues to invest in the financial service sector, this team plays a critical role in supporting the product growth and will expand in scope and responsibilities.
This team consists of high performing engineers. We are looking for an Engineering Director with progressive technical experience, a demonstrated trajectory of increasing management scope in building platform, strong technical background, and a passion for managing outstanding engineers and managers in a fast-paced environment.
- Define and influence product strategy in partnership with product team, turn the strategy into concrete engineering vision and long term roadmap
- Communicate and drive engineering initiatives across functions
- Participate in technical design and provide high level guidance to the team
- Build strong engineering teams across multiple pillars, develop ICs and managers
- Work with research team to evangelize research ideas into production
- Experience building and growing large orgs, but can also work with small elite team of engineers
- Proven track record to deliver ambitious projects
- Familiarity with payment space, especially the internals of payment processing flows
- Knowledge of blockchain or cryptocurrency is not required, but should be motivated and open to learning new technology
- Background in payment infrastructure
- experience in the fields of distributed systems, payment infrastructure, service platform