Business Development Manager, Novi Financial ServicesBusiness Development & Partnerships | Singapore
About NoviThe Novi Partnerships team is looking for an expert in payments and financial technology products in the Asia Pacific region to help execute our cryptocurrency-based wallet strategy through development of financial services partnerships. The candidate will have successfully led and negotiated complex and first-in-kind partnerships across the Asia Pacific region.
This role requires close collaboration with product teams to nurture and grow new partnership opportunities with companies in the payments and fintech space that can augment the Novi wallet built on the Diem blockchain. These opportunities will span the Asia Pacific region and include both SMBs and large enterprises as potential partners. This person will be a part of a Partnerships team focused entirely on Novi and Facebook’s role expanding the use of Diem around the world.
This person will be responsible for assessing opportunities with potential partners and negotiating both externally and internally to close contracts and run full-cycle deals for the Blockchain team. The ideal candidate will have technical expertise and a strategic perspective on both product and partnership development. You’re very familiar with contractual, technical, and financial issues and you can effectively communicate both up and down a management ladder. You are excited by the challenge of structuring custom agreements and new templates for payments and financial technology companies that sit adjacent to crypto and blockchain products. Additionally, you value open communication, collaboration and enjoy a team-oriented environment, working cross-functionally with the Product, Engineering, Marketing, Operations and Legal teams.
This role will be based in our Singapore office.
- Analyze the payments and financial technology landscape across Asia Pacific to develop and execute on partnership strategy with processors, banks, financial service providers, and fintech enablers at the regional and local market level.
- Lead customized agreement structuring and negotiation with chosen partners to launch financial solutions.
- Provide a strategic perspective to product and engineering teams, delivering critical business insights and launching initiatives that impact the market.
- Work alongside other blockchain partnerships managers to develop the comprehensive set of partners needed for our Blockchain project.
- Perform these tasks remotely and travel internationally, when reasonable and safe to do so.
- 10+ years of business development experience
- In-depth regional payments knowledge and a strong network within the payments ecosystem
- Experience working with commercial agreements, including writing and negotiating agreements outside of standard sales contracts
- Experience partnering cross-functionally with technical teams, product teams, lawyers, and marketers
- Experience in identifying and evaluating potential partners in alignment with the organization’s strategy
- Experience in business development or partnership organization for payments and/or financial technology companies
- A self-starter that is able to excel with uncertainty and ambiguity
- Willingness to travel 15%-30% when reasonable and safe to do so
- BS or BA Degree
- Engineering, MBA or JD degree
- Experience working in a fintech or digital wallet provider
- 12+ years of experience developing and executing partnership strategy, influencing internal stakeholders, managing external partners and structuring and negotiating agreements