Product Marketing Manager, Facebook FinancialNovi Financial | Menlo Park, CA - New York, NY
About NoviFacebook Financial (F2) is a new business group within Facebook that comprises Facebook Pay, which powers all payments on the Facebook Family of Aps (FoA) and Novi, a new Facebook product whose goal is to provide people everywhere access to safe and affordable financial services through the Diem payment system.
Facebook Pay, formed in April 2019 is a convenient, secure and supported way to send money, make purchases and donate to causes you care about across Facebook, Instagram, Messenger, and WhatsApp. In 2021, the goal for Facebook Pay is to continue to build a platform that will further protect our customers’ payments data, increase the number of transactions in Facebook’s messaging apps, enable on and off platform check out experiences, and support the company’s core business by strengthening the client billing experiences.
For Novi, 2021 will mark the launch of our first product, a digital wallet for DIEM, a new global payments network powered by blockchain technology. Novi’s vision is to reinvent money and transform the global economy so people everywhere can live better lives. We will let you send Diem with a smartphone, as easily and instantly as you might send a text message or photo, and at low to no cost. Over time, Novi will support additional use cases such as commerce transactions and support other financial services.
We are still early in the process of developing F2 Marketing and are looking for a passionate and seasoned product marketer to join our small but mighty marketing team. As we crystallize our product approach and go-to-market, this person will be responsible for driving consumer inbound marketing, managing go-to-market plans, and leading cross-functional teams to ensure we deliver the best experience to people around the world. They will be heavily focused on our customer care initiatives - how we help our customers whenever and wherever they need it. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in consumer marketing, clear and effective communication skills, a track record of bringing consumer mobile products to market, and experience working closely with customer service teams globally. No experience with blockchain technology required.
This is a full-time position based with the Novi team at Facebook HQ.
- Lead market and competitive assessments by surfacing qualitative and quantitative insights to shape product direction, ensure product-market fit, and inform go-to-market plans.
- Define our go-to-market strategy for Novi, particularly around customer care initiatives, and collaborate with our marketing, research, comms, product, analytics, and partnerships teams to create product positioning and launch materials.
- Define and establish key awareness and adoption strategies, educating people on the value of Novi. Plan and lead successful product launches and ongoing marketing campaigns.
- Lead and collaborate with cross-functional teams (including comms, product, legal, and policy stakeholders).
- While this is a consumer marketing role, you will also need to understand the multiple players in the ecosystem across consumers, policymakers, news media, governments, and advocates to ensure the consumer work is contextually relevant.
- Deepen our understanding of target segments and international audiences.
- Drive the PMM team forward to improve marketing excellence, processes, and more.
- Be willing and able to flex between strategic and tactical/execution responsibilities.
- 6+ years of experience in product marketing or related disciplines for internet and/or consumer technology
- Experience in creating frameworks to evaluate problems and present a recommendation for how to proceed
- Experience setting strategic direction and executing operational and go-to-market plans that require input and execution from multiple teams
- Experience in driving and executing global projects
- Experience in influencing a cross-functional team
- BA/BS degree
- Experience in consumer payments products, customer service programs, and/or international markets