Data Engineer, NoviData & Analytics | Tel Aviv, Israel
About NoviFor many people around the world, basic financial services are still out of reach: about 1.7 billion adults globally remain unbanked. The cost of that exclusion is significant — $25 billion is lost by migrants every year through remittance fees. This is the challenge we’re hoping to address with Novi, a Facebook subsidiary, whose goal is to provide people everywhere access to safe and affordable financial services through the Libra payment system, which is built on blockchain technology. Our first product will be a digital wallet - Novi - for the Libra network, and it will be available in Messenger, WhatsApp, and as a standalone app.
At Novi, you will be working with a talented and dedicated group of people developing blockchain technologies. Our leadership is experienced and some of the best minds working today in their respective fields. This is difficult technical work, will have massive global impact, and you will get to work closely with smart people on an intellectually challenging initiative.
We are seeking experienced Data Engineers to join the Novi Data Engineering Team. Our Data Engineers own the data infrastructure for product teams end-to-end, and they are the critical bridge between the worlds of data science and our software development. Facebook Data Engineers don’t just support our cross-functional product teams; they’re a central part of them. From creating data pipelines, to designing systems and impacting product decisions, their work is critical to the success of the products that we ship.
Whether you’re passionate about the product and its core functionalities or more analytics focused, there’s a place for you in our product teams. We offer opportunities that match your passion and strengths to our projects.
- Manage and execute data warehouse plans for a product or a group of products to solve well-scoped problems.
- Identify the data needed for a business problem and implement logging required to ensure availability of data, while working with data infrastructure to triage issues and resolve.
- Collaborate with engineers, product managers and data scientists to understand data needs, representing key data insights visually in a meaningful way.
- Build data expertise and leverage data controls to ensure privacy, security, compliance, data quality, and operations for allocated areas of ownership.
- Design, build and launch new data models and visualizations in production, leveraging common development toolkits.
- Independently design, build and launch new data extraction, transformation and loading processes in production, mentoring others around creating efficient queries.
- Support existing processes running in production and implement optimized solutions with limited guidance.
- Define and manage SLA for data sets in allocated areas of ownership.
- 3+ years of experience with dimensional data modeling & schema design in Data Warehouses
- 2+ years of experience in custom ETL design, implementation and maintenance
- 2+ years experience with object-oriented programming languages.
- Experience with schema design and dimensional data modeling.
- Ability to analyze data to identify deliverables, gaps and inconsistencies
- Excellent communication skills including the ability to identify and communicate data driven insights
- Ability and interest in managing and communicating data warehouse plans to internal clients
- BSc or MS degree in Technical Field, Computer Science or Mathematics.
- Experience working with either a Map Reduce or an MPP system
- Experience working with Python.