Mixed Method Researcher - NoviResearch | Menlo Park, CA - Remote, Contiguous US
About NoviFor many people around the world, basic financial services are still out of reach: about 1.7 billion adults globally remain unbanked. The cost of that exclusion is significant — $25 billion is lost by migrants every year through remittance fees. This is the challenge we’re hoping to address with Novi, a Facebook company, whose goal is to provide people everywhere access to safe and affordable financial services through the Diem payment system, which is built on blockchain technology. Our first product will be a digital wallet - Novi - for the Diem network, and it will be available in Messenger, WhatsApp, and as a standalone app.
At Novi, you will be working with a talented and dedicated group of people who are passionate about changing the world. Our leadership is experienced and some of the best minds working today in their respective fields.
Our work aims to understand the people who will use our products, gleaning insights to drive product direction and strategy. Our methods range from generative to evaluative, ethnography to experimentation, and involve close collaboration between researchers and our cross-functional partners.
As we scale the team, we're looking for teammates with a range of expertise from specialists to methodological generalists, with skills in qualitative, quantitative, and/or design research methods. For this position, we are looking for experienced researchers with strong mixed method skills.
The right candidates will be excellent communicators, knowledgeable about product development and design, curious about the relationship between technology and society, comfortable in a fast-moving organization, excited to collaborate, and passionate about understanding and helping people. If this sounds like you, come join us as we work to solve complex and meaningful problems for people around the world!
- Work closely with product teams to identify important research questions
- Generate insights that shape how product teams think about medium and long-term product strategy
- Design and execute studies that address both user behavior and attitudes using a wide variety of qualitative and quantitative methods, and interpret analysis through the lens of UX, HCI, and social science
- Collaborate closely with other researchers
- Partner with product management, content design, design, data science, engineering, marketing, and other technical roles to conduct and share research
- Act as a thought leader in the domain of research, while advocating for the people who could use our products
- Communicate insights in creative and compelling ways
- B.A./B.S. in Computer Science, HCI, Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology, Information Science, Economics, Political Science, Mathematics, or a related field
- 3+ years of experience in applied product research
- Knowledge of qualitative, quantitative and user-centered research methods (e.g., interviewing, ethnography, surveys, co-design, concept-testing, etc.)
- MA/MS/PhD in a human behavior related field (Computer Science, HCI, Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology, Information Science, Economics, Political Science, Mathematics, etc.)
- Experience conducting research for global products
- Experience working with vendors to execute research
- Experience working with large-scale data in multi-method studies
- Experience with survey design and response effects
- Experience with applied statistics