Data Scientist, Analytics University Grad - NoviData & Analytics | Tel Aviv, Israel
About NoviFor many people around the world, basic financial services are still out of reach: about 1.7 billion adults globally remain unbanked. The cost of that exclusion is significant — $25 billion is lost by migrants every year through remittance fees. This is the challenge we’re hoping to address with Novi, whose goal is to provide people everywhere access to safe and affordable financial services through the Diem payment system, which is built on blockchain technology. Our first product will be a digital wallet - Novi - for the Diem network, and it will be available in Messenger, WhatsApp, and as a standalone app.
We’re looking for Data Scientists to join our fraud prevention team and play an active role in protecting our 2B users across the globe. We prevent fraud by using advanced detection tools that scan billions of data points to identify signs of activities that violate our policies. Our Fraud Data Scientists analyze data to generate insights about fraud patterns and develop detection capabilities and decision policies to prevent them. They also build the high-level view of the ecosystem to determine where we should focus and what are the new detection / ML capabilities we should develop.
You will enjoy working with one of the richest data sets in the world, cutting-edge technology, and the ability to see your insights turned into real products on a regular basis. You will make a real and meaningful impact on the world. The perfect candidate will have a background in a quantitative or technical field, will have experience working with large data sets, and will have some experience in data-driven decision making related to fraud prevention. This position is located in our Tel Aviv office.
- Perform large-scale data analysis and develop effective statistical models for segmentation, classification, optimization, time series, etc.
- Design and implement reporting dashboards that track key business metrics and provide actionable insights
- Identify actionable insights, suggest recommendations and influence the direction of the business by effectively communicating results to cross-functional groups
- Work closely with Product or Engineering & Operations teams to proactively create rule and manage decisions
- Prioritize leads so that the teams work on the most valuable cases
- Suggest improvements in the tools and techniques to help scale the team.
- experience in solving analytical problems using quantitative approaches (or equivalent)
- Experience in problem solving
- Experience in presenting qualitative and quantitative data
- Experience utilizing both qualitative analysis (e.g., content analysis, phenomenology, hypothesis testing) and quantitative analysis techniques (e.g., clustering, regression, pattern recognition, descriptive and inferential statistics)
- Experience in collaborating with individuals and organizations
- MS or PhD degree in a quantitative discipline (applied mathematics, statistics, computer science, operations research, or related field)
- Experience as a Programmer - Python, Perl, Java, and/or C++
- Experience with relational database (SQL, PL/SQL)