Business Development Manager, South East Asia, Novi FinancialBusiness Development & Partnerships | Singapore
About NoviThe Novi Partnerships team is seeking a professional seasoned in payments and financial technology products in the Southeast Asia (SEA) region to forge financial services partnerships for our cryptocurrency-based remittance payments service and wallet. This candidate will have successfully led complex, first-of-kind deals for successful service platforms across SEA.
The candidate will have strong experience and networks in Indonesia and throughout SEA and relevant professional experience gained from being based in the Jakarta office located or headquartered within SEA.
The candidate will be an expert in the regional payments landscape with payment processors, payouts specialists, banks, mobile network operators, financial technology companies, and other payment service providers from both a technology and market perspective, and will have strong experience setting product direction.
The candidate will have experience in other regulated industries in the region, such as telecommunications, and has navigated complex regulatory and policy landscapes, as well as demonstrated success in large-scale enterprise sales and implementations in the region.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who is comfortable in a rapidly changing environment and takes an opportunistic but strategic approach to business development as Novi launches and grows.
This is a full-time position and is based in Singapore.
- Help drive Novi’s growth and engagement through regional and local partnerships with leading processors, pay-outs firms, banks, issuers, and other payment service providers such as mobile network operators and retailers
- Foster win-win partnerships between Novi and these partner companies, shepherding and growing relationships at CxO levels
- Work in a highly cross-functional environment to reflect our partners’ perspectives in product conception, partner integration, finance processes, and marketing/go-to-market planning to ensure the best product experience possible reaches the right users
- Define market requirements, produce qualitative and quantitative analysis of partner performance, aggregate feedback, explore new strategic opportunities, inform the product roadmap with enhanced or new functionality for the region
- Execute in an intense, fast-paced, and highly iterative environment
- Be the voice and champion of our financial services partners to the overall Novi organization
- Leverage in depth knowledge of regional payments and e-commerce ecosystem to drive evaluation and selection of the right partners
- 13+ years of business development experience
- Strong understanding of the payments and financial technology ecosystem, ideally with exposure to mobile wallets, or similar product groups
- Experience working with commercial agreements, including writing and negotiating agreements outside of standard sales contracts
- Demonstrated success in highly cross-functional, collaborative deal-making environments, and experience working closely with product & engineering, legal, government relations, compliance, and marketing
- Experience guiding and working with product development and implementation teams as well and defining go-live commercial plans with third parties
- Experience in a business development and partnerships role in an early stage startup
- Professional fluency in English & Bahasa Indonesia is required because the successful candidate will be engaging with partners in Indonesia whose usual business language is Bahasa Indonesia.
- Willingness to travel 15%-30%, both domestically and internationally
- BS or BA Degree or equivalent experience
- Engineering, MBA or JD degree
- Experience working in a technology start up, ideally as founder/CEO or in a business development & partnerships capacity