Operations Program Manager, NoviSecurity | Menlo Park, CA
About NoviIn June 2019 the Libra Association announced plans for Libra – a new global cryptocurrency that runs on the Libra network. Libra's mission is to create a simple global financial infrastructure that empowers billions of people around the world. It's powered by blockchain technology and the plan is to launch it in 2020.
Novi is a newly formed Facebook subsidiary whose goal is to provide financial services that will enable people to access and participate in the Libra network. Our first product will be a digital wallet for Libra, a new global currency powered by blockchain technology, and it will be available in 2020 in Messenger, WhatsApp, and as a standalone app. Our vision is to reinvent money and transform the global economy so people everywhere can live better lives. Novi will let you send Libra to almost anyone with a smartphone, as easily and instantly as you might send a text message or photo, and at low to no cost. And, in time, we plan to offer additional services for people and businesses, such as paying bills with the push of a button, buying a cup of coffee with the scan of a code, or riding your local public transit without needing to carry cash or a metro pass.
Novi is seeking an Operations Program Manager to join the Security team. This position will be responsible for managing and executing several operations programs as it relates to over-all Security, Privacy, and Compliance Risk. This Program Manager will be working cross-functionally with various privacy, security, and compliance teams. They will be working to define the roadmap and long-term strategy of the teams. An ideal candidate is someone that can move fast in a flat organization by working in concert with technical program managers and engineers across Facebook to establish a shared vision for improving execution of purpose use privacy and security at scale. This role requires a broad mix of business and technical acumen coupled with polished communication and a strong desire to learn. This role is located at our headquarters in Menlo Park, CA.
- Manage cross-functional privacy, security, and compliance programs.
- Help define the roadmap and long-term strategy of the teams that you are working with.
- Design measurements to track impact and drive internal process improvements.
- Articulate the technology, requirements, goals and milestones of your team.
- Collaboratively define the vision for streamlining privacy, security, and compliance across Novi.
- Develop and manage end-to-end project plans to ensure on-time delivery, provide day-to-day coordination, and quality assurance for tasks.
- Identify dependencies and develop mitigation strategies.
- Move fast in a flat organization by working in concert with technical program managers and engineers across Facebook to establish a shared vision for improving execution of purpose use privacy and security at scale.
- Ongoing communication of planning, project status, issues and risks in a timely fashion to stakeholders.
- Build bridges with product and engineering teams to discover adoption challenges, champion purpose use development and privacy/security product adoption.
- Bring a strong sense of execution and ownership to the team.
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of software engineering, systems engineering or program management experience
- Communication and interpersonal experience and experience working with technical management teams to develop systems, solutions, and products
- Organizational, coordination and multi-tasking experience
- Analytical and problem-solving experience with large-scale systems
- Experience motivating and collaboration to reach challenging goals
- Experience establishing work relationships across multi-disciplinary teams and multiple partners in different time zones
- Experience with external facing production systems for high traffic websites and services
- Experience building metrics and measurements using SQL and other tools, for the purpose of reporting
- Technical knowledge and/or experience in defining security and privacy programs and processes
- Web or Internet start-up environment experience
- Experience with designing security and privacy review program for large financial organization
- Experience managing privacy, security, incident management, and vulnerabilities at scale
- Experience with data analytics, blockchain and financial systems