Business Operations Associate - NoviLegal, Finance, Facilities & Admin | Menlo Park, CA
About NoviFor many people around the world, basic financial services are still out of reach: about 1.7 billion adults globally remain unbanked. The cost of that exclusion is significant — $25 billion is lost by migrants every year through remittance fees. This is the challenge we’re hoping to address with Novi, a Facebook subsidiary whose goal is to provide people everywhere access to safe and affordable financial services through Libra, a new global payment system powered by blockchain technology. Our first product will be a digital wallet - Novi - for Libra, and it will be available in Messenger, WhatsApp, and as a standalone app.
At Novi, you will be working with a talented and dedicated group of people who are passionate about changing the world. Our leadership is experienced and some of the best minds working today in their respective fields.
Novi is seeking a highly quantitative, driven and creative individual with strong business instincts for the Finance team, which plays a crucial role in delivering key strategic insights to leadership. As part of the team, this person will focus on driving growth and long-term financial performance for an emerging new product group. The role is highly cross-functional and business-facing, involving coordination across a number of groups within Facebook.
Successful candidates will have a good understanding of blockchain-relevant industries, exceptional analytical and data manipulation skills, bias toward action, exceptional partnering and communication skills, and the know-how to balance getting the details right while still moving fast.
- Build and maintain financial models, including hypothetical long range plans across a variety of potential industries
- Provide hands-on deep analytic support and develop actionable insights that influence key decision makers
- Research and assess market opportunities and emerging business models
- Build and monitor forecasts and benchmark performance internally and externally while understanding the sources of deviation
- Convert quantitative analysis into qualitative presentation materials to present to business leaders across Facebook
- Identify and track financial KPIs
- understand and define key financial drivers of the business
- Build resource allocation analyses to drive better investment decisions, mitigate risks, and optimize long-term growth
- 3+ years of experience in management consulting, investment banking, private equity, and/or business strategy
- Experience building advanced financial models, including P&L, balance sheet and cash flow projections
- Experience in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience synthesizing strategic insights and problem-solving individually or in a group setting, knowledge with financial drivers of the business
- BA/BS in Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Economics, Statistics, or other quantitative field
- Experience in payments and/or financial technology
- Experience using SQL to build and maintain business-oriented data infrastructure
- Experienced using data manipulation and visualization/BI tools