Head of Digital Marketing Strategy, NoviSales & Marketing | Menlo Park, CA - New York, NY
About NoviNovi is a newly formed Facebook subsidiary whose goal is to provide financial services that will enable people to access and participate in the Libra network. Our first product will be a digital wallet for Libra, a new global payments network powered by blockchain technology. Our vision is to reinvent money and transform the global economy so people everywhere can live better lives. Novi will let you send Libra to almost anyone with a smartphone, as easily and instantly as you might send a text message or photo, and at low to no cost. We are still early in the process of developing Novi, and are looking for talented, passionate, mission-driven people to join our team so we can build a future together that empowers billions of people around the world.
We are looking for a Head of Digital Marketing Strategy to lead, build and scale core performance marketing channels and programs, and drive post-launch growth and engagement metrics.
The ideal candidate is an expert in developing cross-channel digital marketing strategies -- leveraging display/video on platform and off platform, email, SEM/SEO, and web traffic to drive growth and engagement. In addition to global marketing platforms, the ideal candidate will have knowledge of local performance platforms in the APAC, EMEA, and LATAM markets where Novi will be launching. This person will help determine which channels to use to drive incremental downloads of the Novi App that yield the most valuable cohorts. In the event the Novi wallet is integrated into other Facebook experiences, this person will need to shift strategies to create programming and testing to drive incremental sign-ups and usage of Novi in these applications. This person will need to work closely with Facebook Growth Marketing and Growth Product teams to Test, Learn and Adapt (TLA) programs that drive highest Return on Investment for Novi.
The ideal candidate will also have extensive experience in leveraging email to drive key growth and engagement performance metrics, responsible for everything from making the business case for email as a marketing channel to creating a TLA approach to drive maximum efficiency out of the channel.
As the primary strategist of the digital marketing channels, this person will also oversee the development of Novi’s Marketing and Advertising Technology stack. This includes working with internal consultants reporting to this person and agencies tasked with developing use cases, user requirements and technical requirements that will give Novi Marketers world-class tools to execute campaigns globally.
While the remit of this role is highly dependent on mastery of digital channels, this person will also be responsible for strategic impact, working closely with leaders responsible for the Novi wallet, Libra infrastructure, Data & Decision Science, Facebook Growth Teams, and Market Research and Brand Strategy to develop the brand’s first segmentation and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) strategies.
This person will report directly to the Head of Media, Digital Marketing and Communities and will be a highly visible leadership role within Novi and at Facebook. Partnership and collaboration are critical characteristics as this person will rely on a cross-functional team to gain alignment and implement the digital marketing strategy.
Novi feels and acts like a start-up within Facebook and the expectation is that the ideal candidate will embrace the scrappiness required of a new venture. This person will need to thrive in chaos, be skilled in using data to inform and optimize programs, and be able to embrace TLA processes to learn and iterate quickly.
This is a full-time position on the Novi team at Facebook and can be based in Menlo Park, CA or New York, NY.
- Lead the development of a cross-channel digital strategy, including the determination of a marketing platform's user requirements, selection, use case, and testing to drive growth and engagement
- Agree on performance marketing metrics and engagement segments in collaboration with Data Science, Product, Brand Strategy, Communications and Facebook Growth Marketing
- Drive global and local digital strategies that align with Product expansion strategy and brand strategies to engage local customers
- Create clear analytically-driven recency and frequency guidelines for segments/audience based on incrementality and attribution logic
- Provide expertise and insights into attribution and incrementality logic
- Be the primary point of contact for Media Mix Modeling and yield modeling efforts driven by Data Science
- Manage performance media and CRM agency relationships and budget by ensuring scopes are clear and consistent with team needs, and agencies are held accountable to well-documented outputs
- Be a leader and mentor to team members - help develop their careers while ensuring they are valued and valuable contributors to Novi
- 15 or more years of experience with digital marketing, digital strategy, or optimization
- 12+ years of experience in digital marketing and/performance marketing leadership roles for large global brands and/or FinTech leaders
- Experience establishing effective relationships, influencing, driving consensus and collaborating internally and externally at all organizational levels, especially in a highly matrixed organization with previously undefined scope
- Experience adapting priorities quickly and acting proactively, while keeping organized and in control
- Experience executing and scaling cross-functional initiatives across a global organization
- Motivated and confident self-starter, who is a team player and has experience communicating up/down/across the organization
- Experience in financial services/payments industry or experience working for a large consumer brand
- Experience with highly analytical skill sets including yield modeling, forecasting and statistical analysis