Enterprise Risk Management Officer, NoviGlobal Operations | Remote, Contiguous US
About NoviFor many people around the world, basic financial services are still out of reach: about 1.7 billion adults globally remain unbanked. The cost of that exclusion is significant — $25 billion is lost by migrants every year through remittance fees. This is the challenge we’re hoping to address with Novi, a Facebook subsidiary whose goal is to provide people everywhere access to safe and affordable financial services through Libra, a new global payment system powered by blockchain technology. Our first product will be a digital wallet - Novi - for Libra, and it will be available in Messenger, WhatsApp, and as a standalone app. At Novi, you will be working with a talented and dedicated group of people who are passionate about changing the world. Our leadership is experienced and some of the best minds working today in their respective fields.
Our team is looking for a leader for designing and implementing our global end to end Compliance and Enterprise Risk Management program. You will lead the strategy and implementation of the central program that will be the foundation for compliance with regulations.
- Oversee the buildout of the Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) program
- Lead the creation of a comprehensive inventory of risks and controls for Novi, and work with stakeholders to ensure appropriate controls are designed and implemented
- Support the ERM Lead in the implementation and execution of the key pillars of the ERM Program: Governance, Risk Assessment, Issue Management, Third-Party Risk Management
- Support the roll-out and operationalization of software and tools to manage Novi's risks
- Stay up to date on the regulations applicable to Novi (e.g. KYC, Sanctions, Transaction Monitoring etc.)
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience in Compliance
- Knowledge of Financial Services, and other related financial regulations globally (e.g. Payments regulations, Lending regulations, BSA/AML)
- Working experience in building relationships with regulators, including explaining details of BSA/AML and Consumer Protection Compliance
- Knowledge of risk management within the Financial Services industry
- Experience implementing and monitoring regulatory and other policy requirements
- Experience working hands-on with cross-functional teams, like lawyers, engineers, product managers, data analysts, operations analysts in building compliance processes and systems
- Knowledge of blockchain-based systems
- Experience in a mix of government/regulatory, and financial services/technology industries