Public Policy Director, Facebook Financial, LATAM regionCommunications & Public Policy | Mexico City, Mexico - São Paulo, Brazil
About NoviFacebook seeks to hire a strategic leader to serve as Public Policy Director, LatAm region for the Facebook Financial team. This individual will lead the policy strategy in the region and manage external engagement efforts regarding financial services policy and regulatory issues across its family of applications, including the development of Novi – the new custodial wallet business for the Libra digital currency.
In this role, you will be part of the Facebook Public Policy team leadership and you will direct the implementation of the company’s global public policy strategy on Facebook Financial solutions for the LatAm region. This role will build strategic relationships with key external stakeholders relevant to the discussion, from regulators, government leaders and their respective departments, social impact partners and financial industry experts. This role will advise the Facebook Financial solutions deployment plan in the LatAm region and help guide the development of products and services for those markets. Additionally, the Public Policy Regional Director will be a representative of Facebook’s positions on these issues in both public and private settings.
The ideal candidate will bring significant leadership experience within a regional organization, knowledge in the digital economy and internet policy issues and deep expertise in Financial services, including blockchain technology. The successful candidate will also utilize excellent communication and analytical skills to consistently deliver high-quality work under often severe time constraints. They will directly influence and collaborate with internal peers to drive the development and implementation of the company’s public policy strategy.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience and established relationships at the highest level with the Financial services world and related regulatory agencies in the LatAm region and the international financial institutions. They will have proven global experience.
This is a full-time position located in Mexico City or Sao Paulo.
- Maintain and build relationships with key policy stakeholders, regulators and industry members in Tech and Financial services arena in the LatAm region
- Advocate, internally and externally, policy positions that keep Facebook and the broader technology industry competitive and innovative
- Develop and execute strategies for engaging with public policymakers around issues important to Facebook and the people we serve
- Represent Facebook in meetings with regulators, policymakers and key stakeholders
- Identify, monitor and analyze relevant policy trends, legislative proposals impacting the financial regulatory framework in the LatAm region
- Articulate our policy positions in briefing papers, consultation responses and internal policy meetings
- Drive a strategy with key cross functional partners in legal, privacy and communications and the broader public policy team
- Advise internal colleagues and teams on public policy matters to help guide development of products, services and policies in the financial space
- Bachelor's degree in Public Policy or related field
- 15+ years of Public Policy experience in financial services
- Knowledge of the financial and tech regulatory discussions
- Established relationships with key policy and regulatory stakeholders in the financial space latAm region
- Spanish English bi-lingual requirement, Proficient in Portuguese
- Experience in working with regulatory agencies in the financial space across the latAm region, including Brazil
- Experience in leading policy discussions related to digital currency
- Technology policy and financial industry and regulatory experience
- Spanish and Portuguese bi-lingual