Infrastructure Security Engineer, NoviSecurity | Menlo Park, CA
About NoviIn June 2019, the Diem Association announced plans for Diem – a new global cryptocurrency that runs on the Diem network. Diem's mission is to create a simple global financial infrastructure that empowers billions of people around the world. It's powered by blockchain technology and the plan is to launch it in 2020. Novi is a newly formed Facebook subsidiary whose goal is to provide financial services that will enable people to access and participate in the Diem network. Our first product will be a digital wallet for Diem, a new global currency powered by blockchain technology, and it will be available in 2020 in Messenger, WhatsApp, and as a standalone app. Our vision is to reinvent money and transform the global economy so people everywhere can live better lives. Novi will let you send Diem to almost anyone with a smartphone, as easily and instantly as you might send a text message or photo, and at low to no cost. And, in time, we plan to offer additional services for people and businesses, such as paying bills with the push of a button, buying a cup of coffee with the scan of a code, or riding your local public transit without needing to carry cash or a metro pass. We’re still early in the process of developing Novi, and are looking for talented, passionate, mission-driven people to join our team so we can build a future together that empowers billions of people around the world.
Facebook's Novi Security team is seeking a passionate and experienced engineer to partner across product and infrastructure teams and ensure Novi services are built securely. This role will work to identify and build out solutions to secure the infrastructure that runs Novi services. The ideal candidate has a solving problem mindset and broad experience with infrastructure security areas such as identity, authorization, access management, host hardening, vulnerability management, among others. They will also have experience thinking creatively, leveraging existing tools and frameworks, as well as proposing and building new ones, that align to Facebook's infrastructure long term security roadmap.
- Drive definition and drive execution of vision and technical strategy of infrastructure security problem areas.
- Partner with Novi Product, Engineering, Infrastructure, and Facebook Infrastructure teams to identify and address security issues that may directly or indirectly impact Novi products and/or services.
- Influence cross functional partners and roadmaps to continuously tighten the security posture of Novi and overall Facebook Infrastructure.
- Work on sensitive security and fin-tech related issues, including securing financial transactions and personal information (Know Your Customer), and exploring cutting edge authentication, authorization, and cryptography protocols.
- Take a leadership role in driving internal security and privacy initiatives and key infrastructure security programs. Contribute to security engineering planning and execution.
- Continuously assess, prioritize, and present on infrastructure security risk the technical solutions needed to close gaps, and identify tradeoffs to closing the gaps.
- 8+ years experience in information security or similar role.
- Experience with attacker tactics, techniques and procedures.
- Breadth of technical experience across various infrastructure and security areas and running in large production environments.
- Experience with one or more core security concepts: Linux/Android OS and platform security experience, Application security concepts, operating systems security concepts, authentication/authorization/and identity systems, or secure coding practices.
- Experience in security focused design, development, and/or architecture.
- Experience developing or contributing to technical roadmaps for infrastructure security problem areas.
- Coding/scripting experience in one or more general purpose languages.
- Experience communicating security risks and plans to address them to both partners and leadership.
- Experience building productive relationships with partners and leadership.
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Experience distilling complex technical information and conveying to different types of audiences that enables decisioning.
- Demonstrated passion for solving complex, systemic issues that require creative thinking and solutions.
- Fin-tech industry experience.
- Blockchain infrastructure and cryptocurrency experience.