If you notice a transaction that you didn’t authorize, you should reset your password
immediately. You can also create a claim to report it. Please create a claim as soon as possible, but no later than 120 calendar days from the date the transaction first posted to your transaction history. Your claim may be denied if created after this time period.
To create a claim:
- Log in to the Novi app.
- Tap at the bottom of the screen.
- Tap the transaction you want to report.
- Scroll down and tap Get Help at the bottom of the transaction receipt.
- Under Suggested Articles, select “How do I report an unauthorized transaction?”
- Scroll down and tap Report Fraud below Helpful Actions.
- The transaction will be automatically selected. Review and make sure it’s the one you want to report. If not, select the correct transaction.
- Tap Additional Information to provide a description of what happened. It’s important to provide as much information as possible so that we can determine the appropriate steps to take in investigating this transaction. Note: Don't include information like bank account details or passwords.
- Tap Submit.
Once you tap Submit, you’ll see a confirmation screen. If you tap Done on the confirmation screen, we may then automatically log you out of your account.
We may also send you an SMS code to confirm your phone number and ask you to reset your password.
Note: Novi will usually review claims within 2-5 days. However, in some cases this may take up to 15 days. If we determine a transaction is unauthorized, we’ll provide a full refund back to your Novi balance